Like the spring sun, the same yellow, soft, tender and very beautiful - sweet pumpkin bread! This is the best bread I've just tried. It tastes very similar to the Easter cake, but it prepares more quickly (without spores), less fatty and high in calories, and even a useful pumpkin in it - what else is needed for happiness! Let's not languish in the notion of taste, look for the remains of a pumpkin in the bins (I have a frozen one) and bake this divine home-made bread! And how to make it from pumpkin puree, I'll tell on "I love to cook."
- Baked pumpkin - 150 grams;
- water - 120 milliliters;
- pressed yeast - 20 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- vegetable oil - 4 tablespoons;
- flour - 400 grams;
- raisins, dried apricots - 50 grams each.
For sugar water:
- boiled water - 100 milliliters;
- sugar - 1,5-2 tablespoons.
Sweet pumpkin bread. Step-by-step recipe
- Another hot baked pumpkin is salted and beaten with a blender until mashed. And leave to cool to a warm state.
- In warm water (35-40 degrees), add sugar, yeast, stir until dissolution and leave for 7-10 minutes to allow the yeast to open.
- To yeast, add warm (not hot mashed potatoes, not to kill yeast bacteria), pour in vegetable oil, mix.
- Pour in a small amount of sifted flour, mix well. In the end, it turns out a little sticky, very soft (I would call a semi-liquid) dough. Depending on the flour and consistency of pumpkin puree, flour you can go a little more or less.
- Raisins and dried apricots must be prepared in advance: rinse and soak in water at room temperature for 15-20 minutes, then drain the liquid and dry the dried fruits slightly on a paper towel. Cut them into small pieces.
- Dried fruits are added to the dough and mix well.
- Sprinkle the dough with flour so that it covers a thin layer of the surface of our batch (about 1 tablespoon), cover with a towel and put in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours. During the proofing it must be crushed once: after about 30-40 minutes, as set.
- Approached the second time we knead the dough, then we knead it on the table, sprinkled with flour: until it begins to fall behind.
- We divide the dough into 3 strips and weave them in the form of a pigtail. If desired, you can come up with a different shape for your pumpkin bread.
- We spread the bread on a baking sheet, covered with parchment paper, greased with vegetable oil. Cover with a linen towel and leave to approach: approximately 20 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 200 degrees (20-25 minutes), until blanch. That the bread is not burnt, on the bottom of the oven I put a bowl of water.
- Ready, still hot, bread grease with sugar water (mix warm water and sugar) - it immediately becomes shiny, and the crust turns soft and sweet.
- Cover the pumpkin sweet bread with a linen towel and leave until completely cooled.
Delicious pumpkin bread is ready! The dough is so soft and tender that you do not need to bite it: just crush a piece with your lips - it will melt. You can dream up and instead of dried apricots and raisins add other dried fruits or chocolate chips. I added sesame seeds and linseed seeds - I liked it very much. Such bread for breakfast for tea is a charge of energy before lunch. Join us on "I love to cook": bake and eat for health!