Prepare delicious croissants from puff pastry, such as served in coffee shops, now possible at home - with the help of this unique recipe. Croissants are very delicate, soft, airy and multilayered, with a crispy, incredibly tasty crust. They can be cooked with different fillings: chocolate, jam or cheese. Our recipe will help to prepare the best croissants: as from French bakeries.
- flour - 500 grams;
- salt - 12 grams;
- dry yeast - 15 grams;
- water - 150 milliliters;
- granulated sugar - 60 grams;
- milk - 100 milliliters;
- butter - 100 grams (for dough) + 250 grams (for interlayer);
- an egg is one piece.
Magnificent croissants of puff pastry yeast. Step-by-step recipe
- In warm water, add sugar, mix well, and pour out the dry yeast. Leave for ten minutes to activate the yeast. They should form a foamy "cap" on the surface.
- Council. The water in which yeast is bred should be warm, but in no case hot: otherwise the yeast will be welded and their activation will not occur.
- The flour needs to be sifted well through a sieve in order to enrich it with oxygen. From this, baking will become airy. Add a little salt and sugar.
- When the yeast "played", we pour them to the loose components. Here pour out the warm milk and begin to knead the dough. It is better to knead it with your hands.
- The softened butter, cut into small cubes, is also introduced into the dough, and everything is thoroughly kneaded: first in a bowl, and then on a flat table surface or a kitchen board. The dough for croissants should become homogeneous, soft, but do not stick to hands.
- We form an even rectangle of dough, wrap it in polyethylene film and leave it in a cool place for four or more hours.
- Prepare butter for cooking croissants from puff yeast dough. To do this, you need to stretch it a little and wrap it in a cut piece of parchment. Should get a square size of 20 to 20 centimeters.
- Council. That the oil is evenly distributed in an envelope of paper, you can roll it out several times with a rolling pin.
- Oil is also shipped to the refrigerator.
- When the dough and butter sufficiently cool, sprinkle the table top with lavish flour and lay out a piece of dough. Roll it to the formation of a rectangle: twice as large as the size of the envelope with oil.
- Spread the butter on the dough (we remove the paper) and seal it with a dough. Evenly rolling out.
- Council. Roll out the dough in one direction, starting from the middle to the edges. We should again get a rectangle of the same size as before we sealed the butter in the dough.
- On both sides, fold the dough to the middle, and then fold it again in half. We should get a book in which there are four layers of butter and eight layers of dough.
- Pack our dough for home croissants in a film and send it to the cold: about an hour.
- The same procedure of rolling, and then folding the dough, you need to repeat one more time and again send it to rest in a cold place.
- Take out the yeast dough and roll it out to a thickness of five millimeters, sticking to the shape of the rectangle with even sides.
- Cut the dough into equal and equal size triangles.
- We prepare the pan, namely: we cover it with parchment paper.
- Make small incisions at the base of the triangle, turning them outward.
- Fold the segments of the dough in the form of croissants, stretching the edges a bit and rounding them, giving the shape of the horn.
- Immediately put the croissants on the baking sheet leaving room for growing baking.
- We cover the baking tray with croissants from a homemade yeast dough and leave it at room temperature to grow.
- When they grow twice, they can be smeared with a lightly beaten egg and sent to a preheated oven to 200 degrees Celsius: first for ten minutes, then reduce the temperature to 185 degrees and bake for another ten minutes, until cooked.
Fragrant, very airy croissants, baked at home, can be served with confiture, honey or melted chocolate. In such croissants you can put cheese or ham as a filling. Prepare a variety of dishes from different countries around the world in your kitchen: this will help our site - "Very tasty."