Once again I am convinced: how much more tasty is the habitual, simple dish, if it is cooked in the original design, like my crown pie with poppy seeds. I love it for the fact that it always turns out lush, soft, and it has a lot of delicious stuffing. But when I wrapped my pie in the form of a flower - it turned out to be a real culinary bomb! Looks like a birthday cake! And the poppy popped on top added an even more delicious flavor. He was appreciated by all my household members! Therefore, I want to share with you a recipe for this magnificent house poppy pie, so that you can surprise your loved ones with a delicious sweet masterpiece.
- flour - 320 grams (2 cups);
- pressed yeast - 20 grams (for replacement dry - 7 grams);
- any liquid - 250 milliliters;
- eggs - 1 piece;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- butter - 30 grams;
- salt - pinch.
- poppy - 250 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- salt - a pinch;
- raisins - 2-3 tablespoons (optional);
- semolina - 50 grams;
- milk - 250-375 milliliters;
- egg for lubrication - 1 piece.
A gorgeous holiday cake with poppy seeds. Step-by-step recipe
- Preparing the spoons: in a deep bowl or whipping bowl, pour in 250 milliliters of any warm liquid (you can use milk, water, whey, a mixture of water and milk, etc.), dissolve the yeast, add half of the total sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of sifted flour, stir. The dough looks like a sour cream.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and leave to go for 20-30 minutes.
- Step-by-step preparation of the filling: if you use a dry ground poppy, then pour it into a saucepan, add sugar, a mango, a pinch of salt to shade the taste. Fill all with milk (1.5 cups), stir, put on fire, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and leave until completely cooled. At first, it may seem that the boiled poppy filling is a bit thin, but due to the fact that it has a manga, it will thicken during cooling, do not worry.
- If you use the usual not ground poppy: it is washed, poured with boiling water and cooked over low heat for 25-30 minutes. After we remove from the fire, leave to swell for another 15 minutes and well express to a fine sieve. We scroll in the meat grinder 2-3 times. Or as our grandmothers did: we rub the poppy in a mortar. Further on the recipe: add sugar, mango, salt and milk (about 1 glass, as the poppy itself is already swollen and slightly moist). We also boil and cool.
- In the cooled stuffing we add the washed and dried raisins.
- Add the egg, salt, the remaining sugar and the sifted flour to a suitable spoon, and mix it a little. Add the melted butter and knead until the dough begins to fall behind.
- The dough in the bowl is rounded, sprinkled lightly with flour, covered with a towel and put in a warm place for 40-50 minutes.
- Approached dough slightly damped and spread on the table, sprinkled with flour. We divide it into 3 equal parts. Each part is rolled out with the same circles, an approximate diameter of 30 centimeters and a layer thickness of 0.5 centimeters.
- We transfer the rolled out circle to the baking sheet covered with parchment, and on it we spread half of the entire filling and distribute it on the whole surface, not reaching the edges of 2 centimeters.
- Cover the filling with the second rolled out circle, lay out the rest of the stuffing on top and also distribute. At the end, cover the third layer of dough and press the edges in a circle.
- On the formed raw cake, we mark the center with a round shape for cutting out or with a small glass (6-7 centimeters in diameter): gently press down, leaving a round imprint.
- Through the planned center we divide the whole cake into 16 equal segments (also outlined, leaving prints). We cut the cake into segments, and we do not touch the intended middle - it's the sun. To dough does not stick to the knife, each time we dunk it in flour.
- We form a flower: take 2 adjacent segments and twist them in opposite directions, make 2 full turns. The ends are glued and tucked under the bottom. So we do with all segments - in the end we got a flower. More details can look at the video under the recipe.
- Leave the cake for 15-20 minutes to come, and then lubricate the beaten egg.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven to 180 degrees. To the bottom of the pie is not burned, I put a bowl of water on the lower tier of the oven.
The cake with poppy has turned out simply magnificent: very soft, fluffy dough - and a lot of delicious stuffing! Due to the fact that the poppy is steamed with milk, a manga and there are raisins, the filling itself turned out to be very soft, juicy. And you can not say about the very design - the view is amazing: really, like a birthday cake! Cook together with us delicious, simple and beautiful dishes! Feed your loved ones, treat your friends and share your impressions with "Very tasty"!