I love citrus fruits since childhood. After all, they are not only tasty, but also useful. With age, I began to look for different recipes, where I could use them. Today I want to share with you the recipe for my most favorite lemon pie! Loose base, sweet and sour Kurd and delicate meringue! Are you already drooling? Then go to the kitchen!
- Flour - 1 ¾ cup;
- Butter - 150 grams;
- Salt - ½ teaspoon;
- Egg yolk - 1 piece;
- Water - 2 tablespoons;
- Sugar - 300 grams;
- Salt - ½ teaspoon;
- Water - 350 milliliters;
- Starch - ½ cup;
- Water for starch - 80 milliliters;
- Egg yolk - 4 pieces;
- Lemon juice (2 lemons) - ½ cup;
- Lemon peel - 2 teaspoons;
- Butter - 3 tablespoons.
- Egg white - 4 pieces;
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon;
- Sugar for meringue - 100 grams.
Step-by-step recipe for making a lemon pie
- Mix flour and salt a couple of times, add bits of chilled butter and grind to a large crumb. Transfer it into a bowl and add the yolk whipped with water. When the dough can be collected in a bowl - it is ready for rolling. But before that, the dough should be put in the refrigerator to cool it. I advise you to cover the dough with a food film, before rolling out.
- The size of the dough to be rolled depends on the size of the baking dish.
- Dough lay on the bottom and sides of the form, remove the excess. Bake at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes. We remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 170 ° C.
- Mix sugar, salt and water in a small saucepan. We put on a strong fire and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix the starch and 80 ml of water to make a porridge. Gradually add the mixture, whipping with whisk, into boiling syrup. Cook until the syrup becomes thick and clear. We remove from the plate.
- In another cup, whisk yolks and lemon juice. Gradually add, whipping, a mixture of yolks in hot syrup. We put it back on the fire and bring it and wait until it boils, constantly interfering.
- As soon as the boil, remove from heat and add grated lemon peel, butter. Put the filling in the refrigerator and let it cool down to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mix egg whites and salt more. Beat into light foam. Slowly add sugar, and continue to whisk. Whisk the proteins into a thick foam.
- Add about 3/4 cup of whipped proteins in the lemon filling. Do not forget, it should be warm.
- Spoon the stuffing into the prepared base. At the top of the cake, lay out the remaining proteins.
- In the oven, heated to 170 C, bake about 15 minutes. Beze should lightly brown.
- Allow to cool for 1-1.5 hours before serving guests.
You will say that with him so much fuss .. Yes, it prepares lemon cake not quickly, but it's worth it. The taste of this pie is simply divine!