I hasten to share, I would say, the ideal lemon cake with merengue. Its delicate taste can drive you crazy! It combines everything so harmoniously: a thin sand cake, as a base, a pleasant lemon cream with an airy meringue - that you can not stand! Such a cake must necessarily at least once try, than 1,000 times about it to hear. In addition, there is nothing difficult in the recipe: how to prepare a lemon cake, I'll tell you in detail.
- flour - 1 glass;
- oil - 115 grams;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- iced water - 2 tablespoons;
- The salt is at the tip of the knife.
For lemon filling:
- yolks - 4 pieces;
- granulated sugar - 1.5 cups;
- corn starch - 120 grams;
- water - 1 whole and ⅓ cup;
- juice from a lemon - 0,5 glasses;
- lemon peel - 1 tablespoon;
- oil - 50-80 grams.
- proteins - 4 pieces;
- lemon juice - 1 teaspoon;
- powdered sugar - 170 grams.
Lemon cake with merengue. Step-by-step recipe
- In the sifted flour add salt, a teaspoon of sugar, grate the grated oil and mix well. If you have a blender, it will be much easier to do - just load everything into the bowl and whisk.
- Add cold water and quickly knead the dough, blot it into a bowl.
- Wrap it with polyethylene and put in the refrigerator for a quarter of an hour.
- Roll out the cooled dough in thickness of 2-3 millimeters and transfer in the form for a baking. The shape I used was 22 centimeters in diameter.
- Gently distribute the entire surface, make high edges. Nabolite with a fork dough, top with parchment and pour peas or beans. This is done so that the dough is not raised in places during baking, but keeps a neat, uniform shape and the sides are not sagged.
- Put in a preheated oven to 170 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Lemon filling for cake: combine water, juice and zest of lemon, granulated sugar and cornstarch, put on a small fire and cook until thick. Do not forget to stir constantly, so that the mass does not burn. After remove from the plate.
- Next, according to the recipe: to 4 whipped yolks, add half of the hot custard lemon cream and mix everything quickly so that the yolks do not curl. Pour in the remaining cream, mix again and continue to cook.
- Boil the cream, do not stop stirring, until thick.
- Remove from heat and in the still hot cream add oil and mix well.
- Lay the mass on the base, level it.
- For meringue: whisk the proteins, in the process add 1 teaspoon of citric acid and a small portion of the powdered sugar. Sugar powder can be replaced with granulated sugar, but I would not recommend it, because sugar can not dissolve during whipping. And when baked, it will crystallize, and it will not turn out that light air merengue.
- Beat the beaten proteins on the lemon cream, smooth, if desired, you can make fantasy waves on meringue. To do this, touch the surface of the meringue with a spoon and pull it up sharply, then do it several times over the entire surface of the cake. And you will see how beautiful you will turn out.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees, until the meringue is covered with a golden brown crust.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely at room temperature.
Homemade lemon cake with meringue is ready! The most difficult thing was to wait until it cooled down. A delicate lemon flavor excites appetite, and the taste exceeds expectations. I prepared this dessert for my child on my birthday and received many pleasant reviews from guests. Therefore I decided to share with you a recipe for "I love cooking". Try it - it's really delicious! And for those who love lemon, we recommend two more delicious desserts: cake "Lemongrass" and lemon pie.