Most recently, I discovered a new dessert: kraffin - a beautiful pastry with a delicate taste and a variety of fillings: chocolate, fruit, vanilla, mint and others. This pastry was recently introduced to the world by a twenty-eight year old confectioner from San Francisco. His dessert immediately became a "culinary hit." Externally, the kruffin resembles a hybrid of croissant and muffin, is twisted and baked in forms for muffins. It's so easy to prepare and so original and special looks that you'll love it right away, as soon as you cook with us.
- wheat flour - 400 grams;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- sugar sand - 70 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- vegetable oil - 20 grams;
- butter - 100-150 grams;
- water - 30 milliliters;
- dry yeast - 6 grams;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- powdered sugar - for decoration.
Kraffin is a beautiful pastry. Step-by-step recipe
- To begin with, let's sift the flour into a separate bowl. Yeast filled with warm water and left for a few minutes, so that they completely dissolved.
- Let's prepare another deep bowl, in which we will knead the dough. In it, pour out warm milk, pour out all the sugar, salt and egg (pre-fork with egg whisk in a separate plate);
Vegetable oil can be poured along with the egg, or added at the end of the batch. This time I will add it at the end of the mix.
- Prepared yeast is added to our ingredients.
- It's time to introduce a little flour. We enter it with a tablespoon, and mix with a spatula in a bowl a yeast dough for craffins: until it can be transferred to the working surface.
- When we see that the dough is already holding the whole mass on the shoulder blade and is well behind the walls of the bowl, we transfer it. Continue to knead and add the remaining flour. Now that all the flour is added and our dough is not dense and not soft, but rather average, we add a little oil and continue to knead until all the oil is used.
You can mix the dough with a food processor, a bread maker or a mixer for dough - if you have this technique. Then you put all the ingredients in the same sequence as in manual work. Flour should be on top (or last)
The dough should make you smooth, homogeneous, elastic, elastic and easily lag behind the work surface and hands. You can check how well the knead is kneaded: cut it with a knife and see that it is uniform on the cut and does not reach for the knife.
- The dough is rounded. We lubricate the bowl with vegetable oil and put the dough in it. Cover the bowl with food film, we make a couple of punctures with a knife. We put in a warm place for 1-1,5 hours.
- Time will pass very quickly. The dough came up. We take the form for muffins, in which we will bake, grease with butter, sprinkle a little with flour, we shake off excess flour.
- Let's start the test. We spread the dough on the working surface, we knead it and divide it into 6 parts. If you have a kitchen scale, weigh the whole dough and divide it into 6 equal pieces. If there is no such possibility, divide by eye. Each piece of dough is rounded, cover all the food film, so that it does not dry out.
- Begin to roll out the dough. Here you use a rolling pin or, if you have one, a noodle machine. I use a rolling pin. The directions of rolling do not change, we move in one direction: forward, backward. When we maximally rolled it in length (I got 60 centimeters), take it and carefully roll it out with a rolling pin in width (about 18 centimeters). It turned out a long "language".
- Take our soft butter (just do not heat it in the microwave, the oil should go to a soft state on its own) and use our culinary brush to oil our dough. The oil layer should not be too thick and, at the same time, do not put it too thin.
- Now we begin to roll our dough into a roll. When folding, you do not need to press it tightly, you need to fold it freely, and stretch it slightly to the sides, so that the roll turns evenly wrapped.
- With a sharp knife, cut the roll in half. After that, we turn the "muffin" from each halve: we want the layers of the dough to be to the top. Then when baking, they will open nicely. We put it into the form. If you roll out quickly, the form can be left on the desktop, if the rolling takes a long time, then it is better to cover the form and put it in the refrigerator. So that there was not much difference in the proofing of the craffins.
There is one secret of our beautiful baking: the way of folding and slicing the dough. Most importantly, start cutting with the tip of the knife, and gradually deepen, move to the entire blade of the knife. Then you save the puffiness and your baked pastry dough will be perfect.
- After we put the last kraffin in the mold, we cover it and leave it on the working surface for about 1-1.5 hours: the cruffins should grow approximately twice.
- We bake crabs in preheated oven to 200-210 * C: until redness - it usually takes 20 minutes.
Gently remove the craters from the molds and sprinkle with powdered sugar. This recipe produces exactly 12 cruffins.
Freshly baked crabs are wonderful to serve for Sunday breakfast, with a cup of invigorating coffee or fragrant tea - and will enjoy this delicate taste of baked pastries. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite!