Lovely hostesses, I want to share the original recipe for cake for the red velvet cake. The dough turns out very soft, lush, not rubbery - really velvety. The whole secret of tenderness is that it is prepared on the basis of a biscuit test. In contrast to the classical version, where a large amount of oil predominates, sugar, which only increases the structure itself, and kefir makes it a little rubbery. The way of preparing the cake for the cake "Red velvet" is very simple: even a beginner can cook in cooking. Do not worry - you will succeed! Let's get started!
- eggs - 3 pieces;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 80 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams;
- flour - 130 grams;
- baking powder for the dough - 0,25 teaspoon;
- soda slaked with vinegar - 1 teaspoon without top;
- milk - 60-70 grams;
- food coloring - 1 teaspoon;
- cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon.
Korzh for the most delicious cake "Red Velvet". Step-by-step recipe
- Separate the proteins from the yolks. To the proteins, add a pinch of salt and whisk together until a stable foam. Without turning off the mixer, add vanilla sugar and gradually introduce granulated sugar.
- In the whipped proteins, add baking powder, food coloring and quenching soda. Food coloring use good quality: you can take both liquid and dry. If you use the usual cheap dye to make a cake "Red velvet", the color may be lost during baking. Also for cooking, we use both soda and baking powder. As is known, the baking powder for the dough begins to function during heating (when baking), and the hydrated soda immediately shows its reaction. And together they complement each other, so the dough does not fall when baked and becomes beautifully porous.
- Start whipping the mass until the color is well dispersed. After one, we introduce yolks. And whisk to homogeneity.
- We combine the sifted flour and cocoa powder (at the request of cocoa powder, you can add a little more, but in proportion to reduce the amount of flour). All stir.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well with a spatula until smooth. The dough will get thick enough.
- Pour in the milk and stir. The consistency of the test will turn out like a pancake.
- The form for baking is covered with parchment paper (the bottom and sides), fill it with a dough. The shape I used was 18 centimeters in diameter. If desired, you can cook a small, but high (in a few cakes) cake: for this, take 2 forms with a diameter of 10-12 centimeters.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, and put the baked cakes for 15-20 minutes, after we reduce the temperature to 90-100 degrees and let stand 10 more minutes to make the dough well. We check the readiness of the cake by punching it with a match.
- Ready cakes leave until completely cooled down (it is best to leave it overnight).
- After cooled cakes cut along into 2 parts.
The cakes for the cake "Red Velvet" turned out to be amazing: a rich bright color, a porous, soft, very delicate dough. Large and small holes were obtained due to the presence of soda and baking powder. It remains only to soak the cakes with syrup, spread the cream and enjoy the most delicious cake "Red Velvet"! Join us on "Very tasty": cook tasty, original, simple - and share your impressions! Bon Appetit!
Delicate curd cream for the most delicious cake "Red Velvet"
Cream for the cake "Red velvet" can be any, in the classical version it is oily. But I want to tell about my favorite: an airy, very gentle, low-fat curd cream. For such light, soft cakes, this cream is exactly what you need. Try: and you will see for yourself. In addition, I want to propose a syrup recipe for impregnating and assembling the red velvet cake itself.
- gelatin - 20 grams;
- oil - 200 grams;
- sugar - 9 tablespoons;
- milk - 250 milliliters;
- cottage cheese - 900 grams;
- vanilla sugar - 10 grams.
- water - 60 milliliters;
- sugar - 75 grams;
- orange juice - 1 tablespoon (for replacement you can take cognac, rum - 1 tablespoon, or vanilla sugar - 5 grams).
Delicate curd cream for the most delicious cake "Red Velvet". Пошаговый рецепт
- In advance, soak gelatin in milk (100 milliliters) and leave to swell for 15-20 minutes.
- Cottage cheese beaten with a blender and gradually (50 ml), we inject about 150 milliliters of milk into it. Milk can go less or more: depending on the structure of your cottage cheese. The mass should be gentle, homogeneous, in consistency: like a very thick sour cream.
- To the mass, add vanilla sugar and sugar (1 tablespoon with a small slide for every 100 grams of cottage cheese). Stir to allow the sugar in the moist curd.
- Melt the gelatin in a microwave or water bath, but do not bring to a boil. Cool it down to a slightly warm state.
- Cottage cheese we transfer to the whipping container, start whipping and, without turning off the mixer, pour in a thin trickle of gelatin. Beat another 3-4 minutes: you will notice that the mass begins to gradually thicken (it starts to grasp gelatin).
- Continue to beat and add a small amount of well-softened butter. And after that, whisk for about three minutes, so that the mass is well beaten.
- Leave to stand for 5-7 minutes and immediately proceed to assemble the cake, so that the cream does not have time to completely freeze.
- Prepare syrup for impregnation: in the saucepan combine boiled water with sugar, heat on medium heat, until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Remove from the plate and add any flavor, mix. I really like to cook with orange juice, but you can add any liquor or cognac, rum, vanillin and so on, if you wish.
- Step-by-step assembly of the cake "Red velvet": every cake is watered with a cooled syrup, we apply the cream with a thick enough layer. For this I use a confectioner's bag.
- Cover with the following cake and apply the cream again.
- In the end, well spread the sides and send the cake "Red velvet" for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator, so that it is well soaked.
With such soft cakes and tender curd cream, the cake "Red velvet" turned out to be simply divine. It just melts in your mouth! And what a cake is original in appearance! The thousandth time I am convinced that cooking at home is much more delicious and original than buying in a store! Everyone will be delighted with this homemade dessert. Bon appetit together with "Very tasty"!