My mother just adores the eastern delicacy called halva, but when you buy in a store, you never know exactly what is in the composition. Therefore, she armed herself with the Internet and cooking books, she began to look for a recipe for halva at home. And my curiosity prevailed and I watched with interest what would happen. To my surprise, the most delicious halva we have ever tasted turned out.
- Sunflower seeds (peeled) - 500 grams;
- flour - 320 grams;
- sugar - 200 grams;
- water - 125 milliliters;
- sunflower oil - 160 milliliters.
Halva at home. Step-by-step recipe
- Seeds to fry, pass through a meat grinder.
- Flour also fry in a skillet without oil, bring to a golden color.
- Stir the flour and seeds.
- Water put on the fire in a saucepan and add sugar, cook for 10 minutes after boiling, bring to an average density.
- Syrup blender mixed with sunflower seeds, add sunflower oil.
- We bring it to a homogeneous consistency and spread it into a form covered with food film, level it and squash it.
- Top with a flat lid and put it under the press.
- We send it to the refrigerator for 5 hours.
- The dish is ready!
This recipe describes in detail how to make homemade halva, and in the photo I attach, the result of our experiments with my mother is clearly visible. "Very tasty" wishes you a pleasant appetite!