Seductively delicious and fragrant German pie with apricots will pleasantly surprise you with its taste qualities. The basis of the cake is a soft, crumbly pastry that just melts in the mouth, and the filling of apricots and almonds gives the sweetness a special piquancy. Almonds and apricots perfectly combine and create an unforgettable taste palette of homemade cakes.
Baking German cuisine is so delicious, soft, fragrant and original, that it is worth the effort and products. Let's cook!
For the base (for a 26 centimeter diameter):
- wheat flour - 200 grams;
- sugar - 75 grams;
- butter - 100 grams;
- baking powder for the dough - 10 grams (1 sachet);
- Vanilla sugar - 8 grams (1 sachet);
- one medium chicken egg.
- almond flour - 100 grams;
- sugar - 100 grams;
- cream 30-35% - 125 milliliters;
- one medium egg;
- a pinch of salt;
- canned apricots (a can of 800 milliliters);
- handful of almonds.
German pie with apricots. Step-by-step recipe
- To prepare a German pie, 200 grams of wheat flour is pre-sieved.
- Then in a small container we combine sifted flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, ordinary sugar and mix everything well so that all the dry ingredients are evenly distributed by volume.
- In a flour mix we put a cold chopped oil and quickly rub it into a crumb.
Very small crumb during the grind to seek is not necessary: if there is a pea somewhere, then this is normal.
- In the center of the crumb we make a deepening.
- One medium chicken egg (to make a German pie I used a homemade fresh egg), break it into a flour bowl, beat the egg a little with a fork, and then knead the dough for a classic German pie with apricots.
Long kneading and kneading dough for pie is not necessary: as soon as the crumb will contact the dough - it is ready.
- Split form for baking pie is covered with parchment paper.
- We cover the bottom of the mold and the wall with a test: approximately, 3 centimeters.
The dough for pie can be rolled out and transferred to a mold, and you can take small pieces of dough and fill the bottom of the mold and walls with them.
- The form with the test is placed in the refrigerator for two hours or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Lightly beat one chicken egg with a mixer.
- Without stopping whisking, add a pinch of salt to the egg container, pour in the fatty cream, add sugar in small portions and beat well until a firm white foam.
- Then in the cream mixture, pour almond flour (according to the recipe) and mix everything well. The pouring for the German pie is ready.
- We take out the form from the refrigerator with the test, spread evenly the filling and halves of apricots (we spread the apricots upwards).
I cook a German pie with canned apricots, but you can cook with fresh ones.
- In the center of each apricot on the pie, put the almond kernel.
Trimming the edges of the dough: I always cut the edges a centimeter above the apricot. We cut all the cut dough in small pieces from the top.
- Bake the cake in a preheated 180 degree oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Baked classic German pie with apricots, in the form put on the grate - let cool.
- With a warm almond pie, take off the form and shift the cake to a serving plate.
The cake is very tasty and in warm and cold. Traditionally, the German pie is served to the table with whipped cream. A slice of fragrant, delicious, sweet, soft and delicate pie with apricots and almonds will please everyone.
I wish you a pleasant tea with "I love to cook."