I watched on YouTube video-recipe - German honey cakes - I heard that they are ideal for making "gingerbread houses". And I remembered: in Russia, before the revolution, there was a tradition to bake and decorate "Maslenitsa" gingerbread. "On a large round gingerbread, - on a pancake? - from which smelled of honey - and glue smelled! - with gilded slides along the edge, with a dense forest, where bears, wolves and rabbits stood on pegs, rose wonderful flowers, like roses, and all this shone, entwined with gold crooked ... "
Why do not we turn back the clock and please the children with the original "Maslenitsa" honey cakes (soon Maslenitsa), made at home under this miracle recipe? Moreover, they turn out to be unusually aromatic, delicious, tender, soft inside, with a golden crust on top. In the store, you just can not buy those !!! And what and how to decorate it, depends only on your imagination.
- 500 grams of invert syrup;
- 500 grams of flour;
- 75 grams of sugar;
- ginger (2 times at the tip of the knife);
- cloves (2 times at the tip of the knife);
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon;
- 0.5 teaspoon coriander;
- 0.5 teaspoon anise;
- 10 grams of soda;
- 2 tablespoons of milk;
- 125 grams of brown sugar.
Honey home made gingerbread. Step-by-step recipe
- The basis of gingerbread is invert syrup (you can see the recipe for its preparation on our website) or artificial honey (the usual one will not do).
- Pour the invert syrup into a saucepan with a dense bottom. Leave it to heat on medium heat (it should be hot), and in the meantime we will sift the flour.
- We sift the flour into a deep bowl and start adding spices (through a sieve): ground ginger and cloves (at the tip of the knife, repeat 2 times), cinnamon, anise, coriander. Pour ordinary white sugar and mix well with a spoon. Spices can be replaced with those that you prefer.
- Syrup, which has already warmed up well (the first bubbles appeared), turn off and add flour with spices to it. Start with a spoon, knead it like a regular dough.
- When mixed a little, add warm milk with soda dissolved in it (2 tablespoons of milk - 2 teaspoons of soda). Mix to a homogeneous mass with a wooden spoon (the dough is obtained as a custard). Cover the dough with a lid and leave it in a cool place (you can in the refrigerator) for two days (it can stand longer, but less - you can not, gingerbread will not work).
- In two days the dough will darken and become tight.
- Dough straighten your hands on the table, in the middle of pour brown sugar, wrap it in the middle. Under the dough, on the work surface, too, need to pour sugar. Distribute the sugar on the table and begin to mix it into the dough.
- Ready dough is divided into 4 parts (for convenience) and separately we mix each.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper: on it we will roll out our dough and bake gingerbread. In a small glass, pour 3 tablespoons of sugar (normal) and pour hot water (about 100 milliliters): it turns sugar syrup. We will need it to lubricate the dough and the rolling pin to make it easier to roll out.
- We roll out the obtained piece of dough into a layer 6-7 millimeters thick (it is not thinner, otherwise the gingerbread will quickly become stiff), periodically lubricating the dough and the rolling pin with sugar water, to facilitate the work process.
- From the layer we cut out a carrot of rectangular shape (15x8 cm: this is a classic form, but you can use any cookie cutter) with a roller knife (so the edges will be beautiful). The remains of the trimmed cake can be rolled out again or added to the next piece of dough.
- For decoration: grease the carrot with sugar water and lay out the almond shavings (traditional decoration for gingerbread).
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and send our gingerbread cookies to it for literally 5-7 minutes (you should not overdo it - the gingerbread cookies will become tougher). Finished gingerbread get a golden hue.
- We remove the gingerbread along with the parchment paper and transfer them to the grate. They should lie down and cool down.
Gingerbread are ready, it remains only to decorate: make them a "Maslenitsa" miracle or a gingerbread house, hide inside some kind of surprise. Pancake week in the yard: the delight of children and adults will not be either end or edge. It's so easy to arrange a holiday with your own hands! And the site "Very tasty" is always happy to help you in this. Next time we will prepare nuts cake "Air cloud" and gingerbread.