For real sweet tooth I want to present a fast poppy roll. The perfect combination of a delicious dough with a lot of poppy filling makes an unforgettable impression from the very first bite. Baking will give a wonderful creamy taste, melting in the mouth. Such confectionery perfection will become a favorite dessert in family tea drinking. So, let's find out how to make a poppy roll.
For filling a tasty poppy roll:
- poppy - 300 grams;
- milk or cream - 0.3 liters;
- 1 chicken egg (protein);
- sugar - 100 grams.
On the dough for poppy roll:
- flour - 250 grams;
- one pinch of salt;
- sugar - 20 grams;
- dry yeast - 7 grams;
- butter - 20 grams;
- 150 milliliters of milk or cream;
- chicken yolk for lubrication.
Fast poppy roll. Step-by-step recipe
- In the working capacity, we sift the flour, so that there are no undesirable lumps.
- Add yeast, a little sugar and slightly add salt to it. After carefully mixing the ingredients with a spatula.
- We take a separate container and pour cream into it: it is recommended to use not too fatty cream, not more than 22% (or fatty milk). I'm using exactly cream, so that the roll with poppy filling cooked at home, had a pleasant creamy taste.
- After we have measured the necessary amount of cream, we send them to be heated in a microwave oven: for a short time, so that they become warm (and the yeast works well).
- We get the warmed cream and pour them into the flour mix. We begin to mix the ingredients by hand. You can use a spoon: as you will be more convenient. We mix everything up to form a homogeneous mass.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the resulting mixture. We mix it well.
- The finished dough is placed in a container and covered with a food film. We set aside for a while: the dough should be more than twice. I use an oven for this purpose: I warm it up to 50 degrees, then turn it off and put it in it. In this way, the dough increases faster than at room temperature.
- While our dough is insisted, let's deal with the recipe for poppy filling for rolls. Put the water in a saucepan for medium heat. When the water boils, put the poppy seeds. Do not worry: it will turn black only after treatment with sugar. Poppy needs to boil for about 10 minutes: at this time it is necessary to stir it regularly.
- At the end of the time, drain the water through a strainer. After we pour the poppies into a separate deep container.
- We pour cream into the poppy (or fatty milk), put the container on the stove and cook the consistency for another 10 minutes, stirring regularly. Cream should be well absorbed by the grains.
- Pour sugar into the container for the blender, then pour into it a poppy-cream mixture, break through all the ingredients.
- After that, we cool the poppy mass to room temperature. We will do this with the help of a refrigerator: since by this time the dough will be ready.
- Sprinkle the work surface lightly with flour, take out the dough. Roll it out, forming a rectangle.
- We get the poppy seed, after that we break the egg and separate the protein. We will leave the yolk for the recipe of the poppy roll to lubricate it. We pour protein into the poppy and use a corolla to mix the consistency. A homogeneous mass should be obtained.
- Further, our poppy filling is greased with a layer of about 0.5 centimeter over the entire surface of the poppy roll for a feast or other celebration.
- Fold off our roll and cut off excess dough from the edges: if it is. Further slightly we will protect edges, that the stuffing does not fall out. After this, put it on a proofing: about 20 minutes.
- Lubricate the roll on top with egg yolk. In the yolk, let's add a drop of water: so that it does not overdry the surface of the baking.
- Put the oven in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for about 20 minutes. Please note that according to the recipe the perfect poppy roll is prepared very quickly, so it's better to monitor its condition. When there is a beautiful golden brown crust, you can get it. We get it, cut it into equal pieces and serve it on the table.
So you found out a simple recipe for a roll filled with poppy seeds. It is prepared very quickly: and at the same time stands out for its perfect taste and a lot of delicate poppy filling. On the culinary site "I love to cook", you will find many more confectionery dishes - and not only.