I can not but share a completely new recipe for Easter: I propose to make an Easter crayfish. Extraordinarily beautiful, original and very delicate. I cooked it for a sample, because I wanted to choose one unique and delicious recipe for Easter baking. And was just delighted: the Easter crayfish is lined with beautiful layers, twisted upward with a spiral. An appetizing original layered hat is such a charm that does not need glaze decoration. The original Easter cake is very much like a huge kraffin, with a lot of dried fruits and nuts inside.
- flour of the highest grade - 360 grams;
- Milk cow is 2.5% - 85 milliliters;
- yeast (Saf-moment) - 7 grams;
- crystalline sugar - 85 grams;
- a pinch of salt;
- one protein;
- three yolks;
- melted cream butter 82% - 45 grams;
- juice of one orange - 30 milliliters (you can take milk);
- a peel of a whole lemon (orange) or vanillin - 1,5 grams (stop on one flavor, so that you get one rich taste and aroma).
Also, to obtain a layered test, you will need:
- butter 82% - 125 grams (room temperature);
- dried fruits or candied fruits (what you have) - 100 grams;
- flakes almond (or any finely ground nut) - 50 grams.
Easter crayfish. Step-by-step recipe
- To begin with, activate our dry yeast. To do this, heat the milk to 38 * C, add one teaspoon of sugar and yeast. Stir everything, and leave it for 10 minutes on the table. If the yeast is good - they should form a "fluffy hat".
- We pass to the eggs. In the bowl, drive the yolks and protein, add sugar, which remained. Mixer mix everything into a thick, homogeneous mass.
- The airiness of the dough also depends on how long the eggs beat, and whether the sugar has completely dissolved. Remember that yolks with proteins must be necessarily at room temperature.
- Now let's start flour. It is necessary to sift everything into a deep vessel, in which we will then knead the dough.
- When we sift flour - we enrich it with oxygen. The dough puff dough as a result will turn out very airy and gentle.
- Add half a teaspoon of salt to the flour, mix everything with a silicone spatula.
- We make a small groove in the flour: pour in the spit, whipped yolks with protein and sugar, add orange juice (can be replaced with milk). I added orange juice this time.
- If you do not use any juice for the fragrance, but want to add vanillin (for example) - then add 30 milliliters of milk and one sachet (1.5 grams) of vanillin, or zest from one lemon (orange). The main thing is not to overdo it with natural flavors. And the amount of liquid in the test should not exceed 110 milliliters.
- Now start kneading the dough. First you can help yourself with a silicone scapula. It will be more convenient for you to remove flour and sticky dough from the sides of the bowl, and then proceed to manual kneading. After a while after the beginning of the knead, add the melted butter.
- The most important thing in the process of kneading a dough for Easter crab is the purity of your thoughts, good mood and faith. Therefore, be sure to think only of the good, and then - through the warmth of your hands - the taste of the cake will be unrepeatable.
- When it began to form from the test lump - go to mix it already on a flat work surface. Thoroughly knead the dough until it stops sticking to the table and hands: without adding more than a gram of flour. Help yourself in the process of a scraper.
- The dough is incredibly aromatic, has a pleasant yellow color: and every minute it changes, it becomes more elastic. It takes about 10-15 minutes to knead.
- How to properly test the readiness of the test, you can look at the video under the recipe
- Lubricate the bowl with sunflower oil, put the dough, cover with a towel. We put in a warm dough for 1 hour. The dough should rise at least twice.
- While the dough is suitable, let's take the forms. I had three forms for the entire amount of dough: two large (diameter 12, height 15 centimeters) and one small (diameter 8, height 11 centimeters). At the bottom of the form we put the cut parchment: and on the walls of the mold as well.
- Now all the dough should be divided into three parts. Two identical in size and one smaller (about 70 grams). We roll all the pieces into a bowl, cover with a towel and leave for another 15 minutes, so that the dough rests.
- Now the table is sprinkled with flour, we put a large ball of dough, sprinkle it with flour from above and begin to roll the dough into a thin layer. It needs to be rolled out and stretched to the sides: up to the shape of the rectangle. The thickness of the dough should be the same as the strudel. In some places it should shine through, but not tear.
- Now, we grease our dough with a soft butter (determine the amount of oil yourself: divide it into an eye, like a dough, into three parts).
- If you like the aroma of nutmeg - you can rub it a little and sprinkle the dough on top (or already use ground, in sachets).
- Now put the dried fruits or candied fruit.
- I'm adding candied fruits. If you take raisins, and it is very large - then it is better to cut it in half. You can also lightly sprinkle the dough with almond plates.
- Remember: you do not need to steam the raisins, you must first rinse and dry them with a paper towel.
- Now gently roll the dough into a roll. Hold it slightly and pull it out. Spread the table with flour and transfer the ready-made roll to this place. Cover it with a film: he must rest. We also do everything with the remaining test.
- The dough rested, we proceed to design. We need to cut the roll into two parts along: as with the design of the craffins. (Who does not yet know what kind of baking it is - its recipe is on our website "I love cooking"). To do this, we begin to cut our roll with a sharp knife, but not until the end. Leave a centimeter 1.5-2 centimeter from the edge (as it's right to do, look at the video under the recipe).
- After this we begin to form the Easter cake itself. We twist the end of one cut half of the roll, forming the bottom first, and wrap everything to the top. The most important thing here is that all the cut layers of the dough are outside. And then beautifully spread the top, slightly twisting it.
- All, slowly, we transfer to forms. Do all the same with the rest of the rolls. When the last piece of dough we put in the form - we will cover all with a towel and we will leave for a while: to rise. This will take about an hour.
- Now reheat the oven for 200 * C, and the first ten minutes will bake in this mode. Then lower the temperature to 180 * C and continue baking for another 25 minutes, but having already closed the top of the cakes with foil, so that they do not burn. Please note that we will get a small cake soon.
- Carefully take our baked cakes from the mold, cool them. To make them cool faster, we can lay a towel, and put on it sideways Easter crayfish. Turn it over from time to time. I propose to decorate with powdered sugar. You can glaze: but then there will be no noticeable beautiful top of the Easter cake with cucumbers.
I'm sure you managed to cook this amazing and unusual puff pastry kraffin, which will be remembered with all its delicate taste and very unusual appearance. Be sure to share this recipe with your friends - they definitely have not tried it yet. Rejoice yourself and your loved ones on this wonderful spring holiday. "I love to cook" wishes you a bright Easter and a pleasant appetite!