My children are very fond of all kinds of pies, and so I decided to please them and cook something unusual and tasty. On one YouTube channel, I met a recipe for cheese cakes with apples and cherries. Before that, I never cooked a cottage cheese pastry, but everything turned out to be quite simple, and I did not have any problems during the preparation of cottage cheese pies.
For the test:
- 300 g of cottage cheese;
- 2 cups of flour;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- 1 egg;
- baking powder;
- 450 g of sour cherries;
- apples 2 pieces;
- 200 g sugar;
- 2 bags of fruit thickener.
Curd cakes: step by step cooking
- For the dough, grind the cottage cheese in a blender, add sugar and egg. If there is no blender, you can knead the dough for pies by hand.
- Add vanillin and baking powder to the curd, mix well. If you do not have baking powder at hand, it's okay, you can replace it with a baking powder.
- In the curd mass, add flour and knead the dough. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, cut the apples into small cubes and simmer in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 100 g of sugar and simmer on low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add a bag of fruit thickener, mix well until the apples thicken.
- Transfer the apples into the dishes and let them cool.
- Cherry (if the cherry is frozen - pre-unfrozen) put in a frying pan and stew for two minutes.
- Add 100 g of sugar and stew for two more minutes.
- Add the fruit thickener, mix well. We put the cherry filling into the dishes and let it cool.
It so happened that during the cooking I did not find a fruit powder at home. However, I replaced it with 1 tablespoon of starch. Apple and cherry filling are well-thickened, and the taste of curd patties remained the same saturated.
Our dough just "rested", now we are going for it. Cut the dough into pieces and knead it well with your hands. Spread a little of the filling on the dough, we form a patty and well patch it. As our cottage cheese pies will be ready, we spread them in a frying pan with the heated oil, and fry until golden crust.
Here our cottage cheese pies with apple and cherry fillings are ready. The children were delighted with them.