I want to share the secret of cooking classic English rolls. This recipe for quick baking can be very useful if your guests are almost on the threshold. Have a tea party in English. Fragrant English rolls for tea, cooked according to a special recipe, will create an atmosphere for a pleasant evening. To prepare these buns do not need special skills in cooking, this recipe will cope even with children.
- 200 grams of wholemeal flour;
- 200 grams of oatmeal;
- 10 grams of baking powder;
- 2 tablespoons of honey;
- 100 grams of butter;
- 150 grams of kefir;
Classic English rolls for tea. Step-by-step recipe
- Mix all the dry ingredients, then fill them with kefir, melted butter and season with honey.
- We knead the dough, it should become elastic and easy to be molded. We divide the dough into equal parts and roll the balls out of them. For greater ease and uniformity of dividing the dough, roll a portion of the dough into sausage and cut into equal parts.
- The resulting balls are placed on a greased baking sheet and sent to bake at a temperature of 180 degrees. The baking time will not exceed 20 minutes.
We take out the browned buns from the oven and serve them to freshly brewed tea in a warm form. If desired, you can decorate them with poppy seeds or sesame, mixing the powder with honey and greasing hot buns. Feel like an English queen, bake yourself a tea roll for this recipe. "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! And be sure to try the Spanish buns "Ensaimadas" and buns stuffed with nuts and dried fruits.