Since childhood, I love caramel (toffee), but never cooked them at home. I reconsidered a bunch of recipes and stopped here. Do not be scared that such a large composition. Thanks to spices, caramel from a pumpkin turns out tasty and fragrant.
- fatty cream - 1 ½ cup;
- ground cinnamon - 1 ½ teaspoon;
- ground ginger - 1 ½ teaspoon;
- ground nutmeg - ½ teaspoon;
- ground oregano - ¼ teaspoon;
- ground cloves - ¼ teaspoon;
- butter - 120 grams;
- corn syrup - ½ cup;
- sugar - 2 cups;
- Pumpkin puree - ½ cup;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- vanilla extract - 1 teaspoon.
Caramel from a pumpkin. Step-by-step recipe
- Mix cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, oregano, cloves. Add the cream to the spices and 60 grams of butter in a small saucepan. We put it on medium heat and bring it to a boil, so that bubbles appear at the edges. We remove it from the fire, cover it and remove it.
- Mix the corn syrup with the sugar in another saucepan and put it on medium heat. We will interfere, until the sugar dissolves, and bring to a boil. Cover the lid and let it simmer for 4 minutes, so that the sugar from the walls also dissolves.
- Remove the lid and put the culinary thermometer in a saucepan. Continue to cook the sugar without interfering, until the temperature reaches 160 degrees. After carefully pour warm cream into hot sugar syrup, stirring constantly. The mixture will bubble and splatter, and the temperature will drop. After adding the cream, add the pumpkin puree.
- We cook caramel, stirring frequently, so that it does not burn out on the bottom. Cook until it reaches a temperature of 120 degrees. This will give it a soft consistency.
- Remove the pan from the fire and add the remaining 60 grams of butter, salt and vanilla extract, mix well and pour into the prepared form.
- We prepare the form in advance. It should be covered with parchment for baking and sprinkled with vegetable oil, so that the caramel then moved away well.
- Leave to cool at room temperature for at least 4 hours or better at night. If you need to speed up the process, then put in the refrigerator for several hours.
- How it will solidify, remove it from the mold and cut into pieces. Screw into baking paper and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
The aroma of this caramel of pumpkin will give you indelible pleasure! And after biting off a piece, you will feel that you are eating a divine pumpkin pie, and not candy. Especially it will please your children! "I love to cook" wishes you a pleasant appetite! We offer to pay attention to the options for cooking pumpkin - it's a delicious pumpkin recipe and a pumpkin cream.