If you are going to invite guests, then prepare birthday cake, which will conquer its taste and appetizing appearance of all gathered at the table. My suggested step-by-step recipe cake with prunes and meringues, just fit for the festive table. The cake is delicious, delicate and airy. The basis for it serves as a shortcake from short pastry, which is laid out chopped prunes, and on top - whipped proteins. Cake-meringue with prunes is baked in the oven and is decorated with prunes in chocolate. For those who like prunes, such a delicacy is simply a paradise pleasure! The most difficult thing in this batch is cooking meringue. To do this, it is necessary to whip the proteins with sugar correctly, then the dessert will simply melt in the mouth.
Ingredients for cake-meringue with prunes
|Prune dried leaves||150g|
|Granulated sugar||200 g|
|Butter or margarine||125 grams|
|Baking powder||1 tsp.|
|Black chocolate||50 grams|
|Potato starch||2 tsp.|
|Cognac or brandy||50 ml|
Step-by-step preparation of cake-meringue with prunes
- Prunes are washed, poured with cognac and leave for 25 minutes.
- We take the eggs and separate the proteins from the yolks.
- In the container with yolks, add the sifted flour, baking powder, soft butter and 100 g of sugar. Mix all the ingredients to make a plastic dough.
- The dough is wrapped in a food film and placed in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- We take a baking mold and lay a uniform dough layer on the bottom. To prevent the cake from rising during baking, pierce it with a fork in several places.
- We put the mold with the cake in the oven, heated to 180 ° C and hold about 10-15 minutes.
- Beat with the help of a mixer of protein, add 100 g of sugar, starch and continue to beat until thick.
- Prunes are taken out of cognac, squeezed and cut into small pieces. We leave for decoration 6-7 pieces of a whole prune.
- We take from the oven the form with semi-finished corn and distribute the sliced prunes on its surface.
- From the top on the prunes we spread the whipped whites and continue to bake for another 20-30 minutes.
- On a water bath, melt the black chocolate and dip the prunes in it, which we left for decoration. You can do this with the help of wooden skewers.
- Prunes in chocolate put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- We take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down.
- We decorate the cake on the edge with grated chocolate and prunes.
Ready cake is served on the festive table, cut into portions and listen to your guests will admire the wonderful dessert. Bon Appetit!