Buns from puff pastry will win the hearts of most bakeries. Light, airy, melting and tender. The charming taste of these buns can not be forgotten. Cook them simply and quickly in the oven. Variants of the filling for a batterless puff pastry can be all sorts: it's sweet curd, and raisins, or can be cooked with minced meat or cabbage. Of course, you can use ready-made puff pastry, but in this recipe I want to draw your attention to the preparation of an excellent puff pastry. Well, shall we begin?
- water - 150 milliliters;
- vodka - 50 milliliters;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- citric acid - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- 380 grams of flour;
- butter - 200 grams.
How to make buns from puff pastry. Step-by-step recipe
- Be sure to sift the flour before cooking puff pastry.
- Prepared sifted flour put in a bowl, leave somewhere 5-6 tablespoons: it will still come in handy.
- In warm water, dissolve the salt and citric acid. Please note that you should not take cold water: it will be better to warm it up a little.
- In the water with salt and citric acid, add vodka (you can choose any alcohol, it can be rum or cognac).
- In the flour, make a groove, and pour in the prepared liquid. Start kneading the dough.
- Slowly add the flour that we left, and mix the smooth dough so that it does not stick to your hands. Dough is mixed quickly, usually 10 minutes is enough. It turns out homogeneous and steep, in its consistency similar to vareniki.
- Wrap the dough in a food film or bag and leave to rest on the table at room temperature.
- The flour that remains, pour into the bowl, take the chilled butter and, as if dipping it into flour, rub it on a large grater. Hand collect the butter mixed with flour in a ball.
- Take parchment paper for baking, cut a small rectangular sheet, put on the middle oil with flour, lightly press it with your hand.
- Wrap the paper for a baking square, collecting the inside edges.
- Using a rolling pin, squeeze the oil, distributing it inside the paper, filling the shape of the square. Square with butter and send to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, sprinkle the table with flour and place the rested dough on the flour. Give it the shape of a ball.
- Using a knife, make cross-cuts to half the dough.
- Open each part: you should get a kind of asterisk from four ends. Roll out our sprocket to a thickness of 1 cm. Then roll each of the 4 ends thinner than one centimeter.
- Lay out a square of chilled butter in the middle of the dough and wrap the edges, giving again the shape of the square. Do not forget to tighten the edges.
- Fold the edges down roll out dough into a thin layer 1 cm thick.
- Collect the edges of the dough from both sides, leaving a small distance between them, then fold again in half - inside the edges.
- Send the dough to the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Again sprinkle the table with flour, lay out the dough and roll it out, as in the previous time. Also wrap the edges to the center and fold them in half. We send the dough to the refrigerator for another 30 minutes. This manipulation with the test is done two more times.
The dough is ready, now from it it is possible to bake sweet fragrant buns.
Perhaps the whole process of preparing the test will seem a bit difficult for you, but it's not. Long? Maybe. But is not it simple? Fact!!!
Prepare simple and affordable dishes together with "Very tasty". The channel video will help you. See you on the pages of the best culinary blog: we still have many interesting things. And next time be sure to try the buns from puff pastry with chocolate filling and puff pastry with cottage cheese.