Dear friends, I bring to your attention a simple recipe for puff pastry. Homemade puff, cooked on the basis of yeast dough, is incredibly delicate, incredibly tasty, fragrant and stored for a long time. The raisin crumb gives the sweet yeast rolls piquant notes.
Simplicity of cooking sincerely captivates. This recipe is sure to appeal to lovers of homemade cakes.
For the test:
- flour - 500 grams;
- 6 grams of instant or instant yeast (preferably for baking);
- sugar - 70 grams;
- milk - 200 milliliters;
- butter - 40 grams;
- vegetable oil - 30 grams;
- one large chicken egg;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoonful;
- water - 50 milliliters.
- flour - 120 grams;
- sugar - 150 grams;
- butter - 100 grams.
- one chicken egg.
Homemade puff pastries. Step-by-step recipe
- For baking pastry rolls, we need 6 grams of instant or instant yeast - these are special yeast for baking.
- In warm water (according to the prescription) we add yeast, mix well and give some time to the yeast water to stand, so that the yeast completely dissolved.
- Next, we need 70 grams of fat. To do this, butter is combined with vegetable oil, lightly heated so that the butter completely melts.
- In a container, in a mixture of vegetable and butter, pour warm milk, add sugar, salt and stir well until the salt is completely dissolved with sugar.
- One large chicken egg (good for making pastry rolls use a homemade fresh egg) is broken into a small container and shaken with a fork.
- Wheat flour is pre-sieved.
- We combine all the prepared liquid ingredients: milk, beaten egg and yeast solution.
I knead yeast dough for a home puff in a kitchen machine, but you can knead the dough quite calmly with your hands.
- All the prepared ingredients are placed in the kitchen machine: sifted wheat flour, baking - and knead the dough.
- We lubricate the bowl with vegetable oil, lay out the ready-made yeast dough, round it up a little, cover it with a food film and leave it in the heat for lifting (the dough should increase in volume by two times).
It takes me 1.5 to 2 hours, as a rule.
- For the drizzle crumb, mix 120 grams of flour with sugar, add 100 grams of chopped cold butter and all grind into a crumb.
I grind my hands - you do not need to get very small crumbs.
- The container with the finished crumb is covered and cleaned in the refrigerator.
- Approached yeast dough knead, spread on the desktop and roll out with a rolling pin.
Roll out the dough of a long rectangular shape. Very thin rolling is not worth: approximately, one centimeter thick. The dough for puffs is very soft, supple and rolls out remarkably.
- Half of the rolled dough is sprinkled with the sprinkling crumb, the dough is folded in half and rolled once more, again sprinkle half of the rolled puff pastry with the scraping paste, again we fold the dough and roll it out again. For the third time, sprinkle half the dough with a crumb, once again fold and roll out the dough.
You should get a strip about 8 centimeters wide and 1.5 centimeter thick.
- Then the prepared dough is cut into approximately the same squares (I get 13 squares).
- The corners of the sliced squares are added to the center, in the manner of Sverdlovskie slokas: in order to result in more rounded buns. As an option: you can not turn the dough, and bake in the form of squares.
- Baking tray for baking puff pastry is covered with baking paper.
- We move the finished puffs to the baking tray (we put the buns on the baking sheet not closely to one another, we leave the distance - they will increase in volume).
- Yeast buns on a baking sheet covered with food film and leave in a warm place to stand.
In the process of proofing, the dough prepared on yeast should approach and increase in volume in 1,5-2 times. Usually it takes 40-50 minutes to test the dough.
- One large chicken egg whisk with a fork.
- Approached buns grease the beaten egg and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Since the buns from puff pastry will bake in the oven, we pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- A tray with puff pastry is sent to bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes. The baking time depends on your oven. Ready puffs should be mouth-watering ruddy.
Delicate, airy puff pastry homemade simply melt in the mouth. Enjoy your family with a cup of fragrant tea with a very tasty air puff.
Following our step-by-step recipe, the puffed buns will bake "perfectly" even for beginners.
On "I love to cook" you will find a lot of interesting and simple recipes for very tasty home baking.